DIRK VANDER KOOIJ 20.5" FRESNEL LIGHT
design by Dirk Vander Kooij, 2014
The FresnelLIGHT is a pendant lamp with a lot of directional light, but still comfortable to look into. The design is inspired on the fresnellens, a lens used in lighthouses. The layered structure scatters the light pleasantly and the use of material with history gives warmth to the LED light. The brassed metal center ball enables you to adjust the height and to aim the light in any direction.
The FresnelLIGHT has been created with a custom-made robot, resulting in an industrial looking pendant lamp. The use of transparent plastic of old CD’s and the intricate line structure, resembles glass.
The FresnelLIGHT consists of two halves, enclosing LED-modules. The hundreds of dimmable LED-lights produce over 50,000 hours of light and are easy to replace. Hanging on a steel wire, the FresnelLIGHT resembles a glowing celestial body. Like the orbit of a planet, the FresnelLIGHT rotates around a center core, a metal ball, making the direction of the light easy to adjust and to aim where needed. Besides this tilting function, the ball has a mechanism to adjust the length and store the hanging wire.
The FresnelLIGHT is a functional and intimate lighting solution for your home, office and public spaces.
- Reclaimed synthetics housing
- Brassed steel center ball
- White steel canopy
- Amount of LEDs: 384
- Luminous Flux (lumen): 1.920lm
- Power Consumption: max. 38W
- Light Color Temperature (Kelvin): approx. 2.700K
- Color Rendering Index: CRI_Ra min. 90
- Input Voltage: 110-240V ~50Hz AC
- Steel Cable: 9.1ft or 16.4ft - adjustable in height without tools
- Cord: max 5.0m / 16.0 ft color: transparent
- Dimmable: rf remote controlled dimmable option: 1-10V or dali dimmer
20.5" dia. x 2.75" H
Max. adjustable height: 196.85"
Canopy: 6.3" x 2.4"
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to ship.